نمایش نتایج: از 1 به 3 از 3
    1. Top | #1
      کاربر انجمن

Khoshhalam
      نمایش مشخصات

Daily Reading Comprehension (sample readings for teachers)l

Daily Reading Comprehension
      (sample readings for teachers)

متنهای درک مطلب زیر برای استفاده مدرسان زبان انگلیسی در کلاس درس جمع آوری شده اند. قبل از هر متن دستور العمل کوتاهی برای مدرس زبان وجود دارد و بعد از متن نیز سوالات درک مطلب برای زبان آموزان قرار داده شده. قبل از استفاده از این متون بد نیست مدرسان محترم مطالعه ای روی موضوع Reading Comprehension Strategies & Skills داشته باشند.

Day 1

To the Teachers:

Build background by defining what an autopsy is (examination of a dead body) and explaining when the practices discussed in the passage took place (c. 2500 bc). Have students read the passage independently, and then introduce the Monitor Comprehension strategy. Explain: Good readers monitor their comprehension by paying attention to how well they understand what they are reading. Model the strategy: As I was reading, I realized I didn’t understand exactly who Edwin Smith was. I reread that part of the passage slowly and figured out he was a man who bought antiques. Direct students to complete the strategy practice activity, and then have them share their responses. Then direct students to complete the skill practice activity. Review the answers together.

Reading:

Medical Practices in Ancient Egypt

Learning from the Dead
      To find out why people have died, today’s medical examiners perform autopsies (AW-top-seez). They cut open the body and study its parts. Ancient Egyptians also performed autopsies to help understand causes of death. In addition, autopsies helped ancient Egyptians study the human body. By comparing the hearts of people who were different ages, for example, Egyptians could determine what a young, healthy heart was supposed to look like.

Keeping a Written Record
      The Egyptians not only studied the human body, but they also kept detailed records of what they discovered. They wrote and drew their observations on papyrus, a form of paper. The papyrus records became the medical textbooks of that time. Their observations allowed Egyptian doctors to share their knowledge, including how to treat various diseases.

Edwin Smith Papyrus
      In 1862, an American named Edwin Smith purchased a medical papyrus in Luxor, Egypt. Smith was not a medical expert, but he knew a lot about old documents. He knew that what he had found was valuable. The papyrus turned out to be an ancient textbook on surgery. The papyrus was probably written around 1600 bc, but it was based on information from a thousand years before that. The papyrus presents the information as case studies, including an analysis of how patients survived or died.

Questions:

STRATEGY PRACTICE: How did autopsies help ancient Egyptians learn about the human body?

SKILL PRACTICE: Read each question. Fill in the bubble next to the correct answer.

1. Which one best describes what the headings do?
      They tell the main idea of the passage.
      They describe when events happened.
      They tell what each section is mostly about.
      They compare modern and ancient medicine.

2. What is the passage mostly about?
      Edwin Smith made an important discovery.
      The ancient Egyptians cut open bodiesto study their parts.
      The ancient Egyptians knew a lot aboutthe human body.
      Detailed records were written on papyrus.

3. Choose the detail that best supports this idea: "Autopsies helped the Egyptians learn aboutthe human body."
      Egyptians were able to compare body parts.
      Today’s medical examiners perform autopsies.
      Medical examiners learn a lot about bodies.
      Egyptians made records of their findings.

4. What are doctors in the year 3020 most likely tolearn by reading a medical textbook from 2020?
      how to perform the best surgery
      ancient Egyptian medical practices
      how to preserve bodies
      early twenty-first century medical practices

source: Daily Reading Comprehension; Evan-Moor Educational Publishers;2010

2. Top | #2
      کاربر باسابقه

bi-tafavot
      نمایش مشخصات
      It was very practical.
      This summer I am teaching English. Sure I use the above
      Thank you for this helpful

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

3. Top | #3
      کاربر انجمن

نمایش مشخصات
      اینا رو من هم میتونم بخونم و حالی بشم !!

افراد آنلاین در تاپیک

کاربرانی که در حال مشاهده این موضوع هستند

در حال حاضر 1 کاربر در حال مشاهده این موضوع است. (0 کاربر و 1 مهمان)

موضوعات مشابه

1. ضعف در Reading & Cloze Test
      توسط saeed1371 در انجمن درک مطلب و کلوزتست
      پاسخ: 89
      آخرين نوشته: 12 اسفند 1399, 01:48
    2. نوشتن سامری برای reading های یک صفحه ای در ازای پول
      توسط siavashmarzban در انجمن زبان انگلیسی و زبان تخصصی
      پاسخ: 6
      آخرين نوشته: 03 آذر 1392, 11:52

کلمات کلیدی این موضوع

آخرین مطالب سایت کنکور

• تبلیغات متنی انجمن